Each week The Sports Esquires keep track of the sports law headlines so you don’t have to. The first edition of 2017 focuses on the top sports law headlines of last year and what to look forward to in 2017.
Sports Law in 2016 and 2017
- Podcast: I joined Dan Wallach and Dan Werly on the Conduct Detrimental Podcast to talk about the top ten sports law stories of 2016.
- Marc Edelman: top five sports law stories for 2017.
- Cari Grieb: 2016’s five most important sports law stories affecting women.
- Adrienne Lawrence recaps a busy year in sports law.
- Zach Zagger: sports legislation and regulation to watch in 2017.
- Marc Edelman writes about the top fantasy sports storylines for 2017.
- Andrew Brandt reviews a year of legal and business headlines in the NFL.
- Sean Newell: the year Deflategate finally died.
- Podcast: Paul Anderson joins the Conduct Detrimental crew to talk about the NFL concussion litigation.
- Here’s the order setting the discovery schedule in the concussion case between the NFL and insurance companies.
Best of the Rest
- Podcast: Amateurism vs. commercialism in the NCAA with Warren Zola.
- Dustin Gouker: New Jersey sports betting appeal nears its end.
- Preston Barclay: new MLB CBA limits team flexibility.