This morning, after meeting privately with Judge Richard Berman, both the NFL and Tom Brady’s legal team took part in a public settlement conference in a Manhattan federal courthouse regarding the two sides ongoing legal dispute over Brady’s four-game suspension. There was no shortage of media coverage for event. Below are some highlights.
- Professor Gabe Feldman, the director of the Tulane Sports Law Program was in New York and provided some insights into what today’s hearing means for each side moving forward.
- Andrew Brandt has 5 takeaways from the hearing.
- Pro Football Talk recaps the focal points of the hearing.
- Stephen Brown of the New York Daily News live-tweeted the hearing and recaps the day here.
- ESPN provides context and insight into the hearing.
- The Washington Post concludes that the hearings resolved little, but were at least entertaining.
- Finally, the quote of the day goes to Brady’s attorney, Jeffrey Kessler who said, “maybe if my grandma had wheels she’d be a trolleycar!”