Each week The Sports Esquires keep track of the sports law headlines so you don’t have to. This week’s edition features the NCAA, daily fantasy sports, and more.
- New UNC emails appear to support fraud claims.
- New Mississippi bill would give college football players 33% of bowl revenue.
- ACC Commissioner John Swofford raises questions about the NCAA infractions process.
- The Texas Tribune has an interesting look at Texas public universities’ athletics finances.
Sports Gambling and Fantasy Sports
- DFS dodges nightmare scenario in Minnesota Wild case.
- New Florida fantasy sports bill would not classify DFS as gambling.
- Tennessee man embezzled about $1 million to play DFS.
- Nathaniel Grow explains how an obscure California labor code section could impact Mike Trout’s contract. But Scott Boras advises against it.
Best of the Rest
- Podcast: Gabe Feldman discusses breaking into sports law, reforming the NCAA, and more.
- Lee Green reviews the year in high school sports law.
- Jaime Miettinen: hot topics in sports law to watch in 2017.
- Tony Iliakostas: how I started my own sports law video blog and succeeded.
- New Philadelphia wage law may make free agency awkward.