Each week The Sports Esquires keep track of the sports law headlines so you don’t have to. In a slow news week, the NFL is the king again with a number of legal issues in the spotlight.
- Eli Manning accuses memorabilia dealer suing him of misrepresenting and omitting evidence.
- NFL players fight back against their own concussion lawyers.
- The DEA warned NFL doctors about drug laws in 2011, but it didn’t go well.
- The puzzle of Deflategate: private agreements and biased justice.
- Bob McGovern: Trauma study of Aaron Hernandez’s brain puts lawsuit against the NFL in play.
- Joe Mixon settles civil lawsuit and apologizes to victim.
- Man charged in UNC agents probe agrees to testify.
- Judge denies NCAA request to question former Penn State athletic director Tim Curley.